Thursday 22 January 2009

Extn. Week 6: Evaluation

Evaluation:

This last semester has been very eventful to say the least. I really enjoyed this module so far, seeing as this is what I want to do and hopefully will do as a job (3D Modelling and Animation).

At first, I did find 3D Studio Max quite alien to me, as did most of the class but after I really got into it and was shown a few techniques by the lecturer I managed to find my pace and began to thoroughly enjoyed it.

What I found most difficult while working on my assignment was trying to create a realistic tree. It seemed extremely complicated, having to modify and touch up every detail of the 3D element carefully. I see that it’s going to take for me to develop a lot of patience if I want to get a job doing 3D modelling and animation.

Over the Christmas period I met up with a few of my relatives and showed them all my 3D work and I got some very good feedback. Although I’m not sure if that would count as it was coming from my relatives and were just saying it was good to not hurt my feelings.

Anyway, I’m particularly looking forward to next semester when I get to try my hand and animating a 3D element. It should prove to be very interesting and something new to look forward to.

No comments: