Tuesday 24 February 2009

Sem. 2 week 5: Story Boarding/Mood Board

Bolt Tutorial:

This session, I started working on an online tutorial to create a 3D model of the Disney Pixar character "Bolt". The two tutorials for creating him are on the following links:

3D Model: http://www.escalight.com/tutorials/3dsmax-tutorials/dog-modeling-tutorial-part-1.html

Fur and Hair: http://www.escalight.com/tutorials/3dsmax-tutorials/animal-fur-using-3ds-max-part-1.html

Mood Board:

Over the last few weeks I have been having second thoughts about my choice of TV Channel. I believe my original choice of "Animal Planet" may prove to be a little too challenging for me. This is because I have very little experience in modelling animals in 3D studio Max and believe that I need more practice. I am also finding it difficult to come up with ideas for the "Animal Planet" channel.

So, I have changed my mind and will be doing my 3 Idents on the "Discovery Science" channel.

Idea 1:

The main Idea I have for the "Discovery Science" Ident is of the planets in the solar system revolving around the sun and the channel name fades into the foreground.

Idea 2:


Another idea I had recently was of a Star going Supernova and, as before, after the explosion of the star then the channel name (Discovery Science) fades into view.

Idea 3:

The final idea I had is based on a Documentary I saw a while ago on the planets detailing the birth of the earth and moon where another, smaller planets collides with the earth, the earth surviving and the moon being created from the debris of the other planet.

No comments: