Tuesday 24 March 2009

Sem. 2 Week 9: Finish Modelling of Ident 1, Ident 2 .contd

This week I am continuing with Ident 1: Rotating Solar System. I am hoping to get this finished before next week which will be the start of the Easter Holidays. This week I also started going into my second Ident of a Star going Supernova.

Recap:

Last week I completed the draft video of my Solar System Ident which is shown below.




This is a very rough version of the animation where only the sun has a map texture and all 9 planets are revolving around the Sun. I plan to use an "Omni Light" to better represent the in the finished version of the animation.

Supernova:

The progress I have made on the Supernova Ident has been to animate a star (represented by a self illuminated sphere) first expanding to simulate the expansion into a 'Red Giant' and then contracting down to show the star imploding into a white dwarf only to explode afterwards (using a 'Particle Spray System').


Moon Collision:

This is the third of my Idents and will be an animation of the collision between young earth and another proto planet to form the moon.

I have made some progress via creating two spheres to illustrate the two planets. I used an off screen 'Omni Light' to represent the 'Sun', a Screen Dump of the two planets shown below.




For the collision between the two planets I created a motion tween with the proto planet following a line down towards the earth. Again this will be a basic, rough animation to begin with.

But, I will probably add on a reactor animation to best simulate the collision of the two spheres and hopefully, should I get the right reaction, the smaller planet should break up in to smaller chunks which will then form a sphere in orbit around 'Young Earth'.

No comments: